They received a very big donation over Monero that isn’t included there
A new one or are you referring to the $16k one in August? Obviously the August one would not count towards their November goal.
How is it more easy to rewrite all the code then to just clone the code and make the 3 changes you want to make?
If you already forked a project, you know what I mean. Understanding the project, structure, code logic, etc.
If the code is not documented well this can take soem time.
But not so long as building everything from scratch.
And often you don’t need to exactly udnerstand evvery line to make additions or fix particular bugs
Did you try forking a project before? I did and it’s really a lot of pain, especially for complex projects.
I forked/cloned to make additions, but I didn’t fork to replace or compete against a project.
But if its just about security patches that F-Droid didn’t make it should be possible to make them in a fork.
ANd because F-Droid probably isn’t malicously ignoring them, they will merge them anyway, so maintaining a fork isn’t neccessary.
New Accrescent blog post, the first in a short series detailing the server-side work that’s been ongoing since the last update.
When will they add a search function and basic information like license, size, permissions