Should I trust Flathub with important applications?

Yeah, I’m considering giving Ubuntu a try or maybe just returning to Windows. My experience with trying Fedora 38 this past week has been pretty bad, to say the least. While I love the workflow and UI, I can’t get any answers to any of my questions. I wasn’t able to get a response from either the PrivacyGuides or Flathub communities on a fairly simple yet critical question. I couldn’t get a single response on whether it’s possible to get XWayland to play nicely with fractional scaling, even after asking on multiple forums. I also couldn’t get a response on how I should go about privately using web apps & PWAs which also seems like something that should’ve been figured out by now. Plus I’m still trying to solve audio issues I’m having. There are even more questions and issues I have, but I’m putting them on the back burner since I’m trying to focus on the 4 questions/issues I mentioned. However each day that passes where I’m not able to use my laptop, my hope that I can make this work dwindles.

I honestly kind of believed the hype that the “Linux desktop” was pretty much ready for the masses to adopt, but it doesn’t really hold true. Of course, if people buy devices made for Linux compatibility, are fine with being limited in what applications they can run easily, are fine with little to no tech support to fall back on, and completely disregard security for the sake of functionality (such as disabling Secure Boot, using legacy/unsafe software, trusting (potentially?) unsafe software sources, etc.) then I guess desktop Linux is usable… But I think that’s far from the majority of users.