Security Suggestions for an Artist's Online Presence

I had forgotten about secure boot, looking into it in these forums however, it seems the consensus is that it’s simply a nice thing to have rather than a make it, or break it deal; what with Fedora (which doesn’t come with SB) still being recommended on PrivacyGuides.

I’d be curious to see what you think about this, there is also further reading in that thread if you’re interested.

I can understand that, but by “ease of use” I more so meant ease of getting in to, i.e. short term ease of use, which in my mind reduces the chances of myself doing something wrong and worsening my security or even just breaking something and losing work.

I suppose at this point, I’m leaning towards Fedora Workstation and just adding everything I need myself; maybe also installing Nobara/Pop_os! on a separate disk for gaming only, keeping work and leisure separate would be good for both security and productivity, I imagine.

Fair enough, I would’ve thought it would be recommended on both desktop and mobile since it’s the same dev, but that’s on me for not checking. Thinking about it, I don’t really need sync on mobile, so I can have a different browser on that device, if I wanted to.

Appreciate the input either way.

1 Like