PDF Reader That Is The Best For User Privacy?

I appreciate your replies!

It’s important to remember that all of the “PDF Viewers” for desktop OS’ are also “PDF Editors”. I don’t see how web browsers are more secure since they’re connecte to the Internet?

How does Wireshark work? I’ve never tried it before?

From all of my research ONLY “PDF Viewer” for Android is unable to make changes to PDF files, but this is only available on Android…

I keep coming back to SumatraPDF as the best choice for Windows PC’s

I just came across this PDF Reviewer who says:

*Are Free PDF Readers and Editors Secure?

I would strongly recommend against using a completely free PDF editor since the company has to find some way to make a profit, and you are most likely the product. Instead, take advantage of the Soda PDF free trial, which gives you unlimited access to its secure and safe PDF reader and editor. You can encrypt your files and add passwords to ensure that no one can open or view the files without your authorization."

Soda PDF, whose website he invites you to access using his sponsored link, meaning you literally are the product from the author’s standpoint :joy:

2 Likes

I will once again recommend only using FOSS options such as Okular or just your web browser (firefox has great pdf functionality for example).

2 Likes

that’s what I myself use, nothing comes close.

1 Like

I appreciate your replies!

Good eye there Reset0609!

I’ll forget everything in that article!

I just finished reading this and it mentions Sumatra: 5 Best Free PDF Readers and Viewers for Windows - PCInsider

I appreciate your reply Lepras!

Do you use anything else to prevent Sumatra from contacting the Internet and sending private and personal user data?

I tried PMing you but it seems like I’m not able to?

firewall it? (Portmaster)

1 Like

]

I appreciate your reply!

I don’t have any experience with this App. Is it recommended on Privacy Guides?

How can I trust it?

Edit: I have a thread here dedicated to the topic of Windows software firewalls:

Henry once did review here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8cTRhGtmcM

1 Like

I have started using Sumatra on one PC and Firefox Nightly on other.

1 Like

I appreciate your reply!

I’ll watch the video asap but I’ve never heard of this person before…

Is he a trustworthy source?

I don’t know as I do not watch them,but @jonah works with techlore. Do with that information as you wish.

1 Like