Since the AUR is currently closed and no commits can be made, a maintainer has merged the LibreWolf AUR package into the official extra repository. To switch to this version, run pacman -S librewolf
Looks like macOS signing will happen soon.
This had very unfortunate timing, since it happened while Firefox based browsers were incompatible with the new ffmpeg version that Arch shipped and the first official release was made without the needed patch. Most issues should be resolved now though.
We have added the required steps to our CI workflow and signed macOS releases will start shipping on Tuesday.
This is great news, thanks for the update. If I can now use my password manager fully in the browser, Librewolf will be my new daily driver ![]()
On a separate note, is there a reason referer settings are as they are in Librewolf. In another thread some tips are given on how to prevent the referer being sent, how come Librewolf doesn’t adjust those settings in the same way? Is it to avoid breakage or is there another reason?
Breakage. We have a UI toggle for setting network.http.referer.XOriginPolicy = 2, but this is not really a setting which can be shipped as default.
Do you really cant login into sites or do MullvadBrowser just dont keep the cookies after you close it?
@jonah The macOS releases are signed and have the builtin updater now supported. What is blocking LibreWolf from being reevaluated?
Will the Windows version also start using the built-in updater?
It is planned to eventually have it enabled for all releases that do not have updates managed externally. This would replace our external updater on Windows, but it will probably be kept alive for the users on the portable version.
I made the MAR generation/signing pretty platform agnostic, so it shouldn’t be too much work to add the new platforms. I’ll still wait if we get any issues reported from the macOS users before we start adding it for the other platforms.
Awesome! Thank you and the team for your great work on this amazing browser ![]()
After a few years, I’ve realized that I actually agree with this. The “set it and forget it” approach with Firefox isn’t without its challenges. I appreciate LibreWolf’s efforts much more than I used to.